Sometimes I feel like my friends forget I exist. But I know they don’t. 🗿
So this happened at Subway the other day
- Me wearing my Pizza John shirt at subway:
- Sandwich Artist: Who's that guy?
- Me: Um... John Green.
- Sandwich Artist: I've heard that name before. Is he like running for president?
- Me: No.. He wrote some books. You've probably heard of The Fault In Our Stars.
- Sandwich Artist: oh yeah. That thing . Well he should run for president. I'd vote for him, since I take it from your shirt he's a pizza fan. I'm pro pizza.
Evolution of the Desk (1980-2014)
It’s exciting to see how much technology has changed (and shrunk) in the last twenty-five years. But no app will ever replace adorable pictures of puppies…
This reminded us of Kevin Kelly’s talk about the evolution of technology»
so i was self-checking out at the grocery store and this comely stranger and I had been flirting a bit, and after they had finished checking out they went
" I DON’T HAVE FLOWERS TO GIVE YOU BUT I WISH I DID BUT HERE HAVE THIS."
AND THEY JUST GAVE ME A HEAD OF BROCCOLLI.
Guess who’s got a daaaaate
Everytime i see this i think this person looks so pretty and should be drawn in a disney style.
This miniature ecosystem has been thriving in an almost completely isolated state for more than forty years. It has been watered just once in that time.
The original single spiderwort plant has grown and multiplied, putting out seedlings. As it has access to light, it continues to photosynthesize. The water builds up on the inside of the bottle and then rains back down on the plants in a miniature version of the water cycle.
As leaves die, they fall off and rot at the bottom producing the carbon dioxide and nutrients required for more plants to grow.
if you don’t think this is fucking rad then get out of my face